Casey Voted Top MotoGP Rider 2011 By Crash.net Readers
After calculating more than 79,000 votes, Casey Stoner has been revealed as the top MotoGP rider of 2011 according to motorsport website Crash.net, polling an average rating of 8.70 out of 10…. Yeat another popular accolade to add to his 2011 list.
Rewarded for his outstanding 2011 MotoGP campaign, which included 11 race wins and 16 podiums from the 17 rounds, Stoner won the fan vote ahead of the much-missed Marco Simoncelli and outgoing world champion Jorge Lorenzo.
As well as results, readers were asked to take into account factors such as machinery specification, performance relative to team-mates, injuries, plus the ability to communicate with fans and promote the sport.
Here is a complete list and average mark out of 10 for each rider:
1. Casey Stoner Repsol Honda 8.70
2. Marco Simoncelli San Carlo Honda Gresini 8.46
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha Factory Racing 7.86
4. Ben Spies Yamaha Factory Racing 7.32
5. Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda 7.24
6. Andrea Dovizioso Repsol Honda 7.07
7. Alvaro Bautista Rizla Suzuki 6.81
8. Colin Edwards Monster Yamaha Tech 3 6.20
9. Nicky Hayden Ducati Team 6.00
10. Valentino Rossi Ducati Team 5.96
11. Cal Crutchlow Monster Yamaha Tech 3 5.57
12. Karel Abraham Cardion AB Motoracing 5.42
13. Randy de Puniet Pramac Ducati 5.02
14. Hector BarberaMapfre Aspar Team 4.72
15. Loris Capirossi Pramac Ducati 4.23
16. Hiroshi Aoyama San Carlo Honda Gresini 4.01
17. Toni Elias LCR Honda 2.81